Yumbah honoured with the Primary Producer award at the 2019 Victorian Seafood Industry Awards
Fox & Lillie is a major shareholder in Yumbah Aquaculture, the largest abalone farming enterprise in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Seafood Industry Awards recently announce the winners of the 2019 Victorian Seafood Industry Awards.
- Primary Producer – Yumbah Aquaculture
- Seafood Business (Large) – Mainstream Aquaculture
- Seafood Business (Small) – The Fish Shoppe
- Safety – Dr. Kate Brooks (KAL Analysis)
- Research, Development & Extension – John Minehan
- Environment – The Nature Conservancy
- People Development – Jill Briggs (Catch the Drift)
- Promotion – Apollo Bay Seafood Festival 2019
- Restaurant – The Atlantic
- Young Achievers – Josh Pearce
- Industry Ambassador – Gary Leonard
The Awards showcase the best of the Victorian seafood industry, its value to the State economy, its professionalism and its commitment to supplying some of the finest seafood in the world to local, national and international markets.
The winners were selected from a high caliber of nominees representing all sectors of Victoria’s seafood and fishing industry including fishers, processors, exporters, fish wholesalers, retailers, aquaculture producers and also individuals and businesses that are involved in research, development and training.
Jonathan Lillie said “we were really pleased to be honoured with the Primary Producer award at the Victorian Seafood Industry Awards. Its recognition that all our hard work is paying off.”
The winners of the 13 categories will now go on to represent Victoria and compete for national success at the Australian Seafood Industry Awards which will be held in conjunction with the 2019 Seafood Directions Conference on the 9-11 October in Melbourne. Tickets for the conference can be purchased here.